Cranberry Cheesecake II
Author: Karen Kelbell
Recipe type: Dessert
- Almond Crust , prepared as directed
- 3 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup LC-Natural Sweet White
- 2-4 drops LC-Natural Sweet Drops, to taste
- 2 drops English Toffee flavoring (optional)
- ¾ to 1 cup LC-Cranberry Sauce, prepared per package instructions
- OR ¾ to 1 cup LC-Preserves - Peach, Raspberry, Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackberry or Cranberry
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy, but keep your mixer speed relatively low.
- Slowly add sweeteners and continue beating until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, incorporating after each addition.
- Add vanilla and yogurt and mix just until well blended (don't overmix).
- Adjust sweetness as necessary.
- Wrap outside of spring-form pan (with crust) well with foil (heavy is best) to prevent crust from burning. Make sure this is done in one large piece to keep water out.
- Pour cheescake filling into bottom of crust, reserving ½ cup of filling.
- Add LC-Cranberry Sauce or LC-Preserves.
- Add remaining ½ cup of filling and swirl in fruit with a fork to look nice.
- Place cheesecake onto another pan with sides and place into oven.
- Carefully pour 2-3 cups of very hot water into outer pan until the water is about ⅓ the way up the spring-form pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for one hour.
- At the end of hour, turn oven off and leave cheesecake in oven for 1 more hour. At no time open the oven door or disturb.
- When second hour is up, remove cheesecake from oven, remove foil and refrigerate until completely cooled, 4-6 hours.
- Remove spring-form sides and enjoy!