Rachel has attempted many birthday cakes for our sons and myself over the years (and I've attempted one gigantic failure of a birthday cake for Rachel), but none of them have ever come close to this brand new recipe she came up with for a super moist white cake without using any flour or sugar. ~George
- Place oven rack in the center position and preheat to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon LC-Natural Sweet White around the bottom and edges.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add vanilla extract and ¼ cup tap water to the bowl and beat to combine.
- In a medium bowl, mix the LC-Blanched Almond Meal, remaining ¾ cup LC-Natural Sweet White and baking powder, then beat this dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredient mixture until all are combined.
- Pour the finished batter into the prepared cake pan and bake 30-35 minutes, or until center is firm and springy. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before refrigerating for at least 2 hours. Turn pan upside down and shake to release cake. Frost with the LC-Vanilla Frosting Mix, cut into 12 slices and serve.
- Variation: While you could double the recipe to make a two layer cake, almond flour is very filling and satisfying, so we simply cut the one layer of this recipe in half horizontally using a long bread knife to make two layers.