What a grand dessert. Cookies, sweet cheese filling, coffee and chocolate, all in a harmonious stack
Author: The Low Carb Queen
- Prepare your cookies ahead of time the same day. Instead of rounds make the dough into fingers. You should have 8 cookies instead of 7. Bake according to directions. Allow cookies to cool before using.
- In the top of a double boiler (or a glass bowl over a pot) add the egg yolks, the Rum or Brandy and a few drops of Natural Sweet to sweeten. Gently whisk the eggs over the boiler until they are pale and have thickened. Should take about 5 minutes total. Do not leave your eggs while they are cooking. You will end up with a congealed mess. Taste the egg mixture for sweetness and add more stevia if desired. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or until chilled.
- After the egg mixture is chilled VERY carefully fold in the marscapone. The marscapone will break down very easily so be gentle. After the eggs and cheese are mixed, cover and place back into the fridge for 2 hours or until the mixture is fairly firm.
- Find a small, shallow square container. I used a plastic bowl that came with a set of Tupperware. Fit 4 cookies in the dish. If necessary trim to fit so they stay put. Using a measuring cup or a squirt bottle carefully drizzle 1 tablespoon of coffee over each cookie. If you like yours a bit softer add more coffee but I wouldn’t go more than 2 tbsp per cookie.
- Gently spoon on half the cheese mixture and spread evenly. Dust with 1 tablespoon of the cocoa. Repeat with a layer of cookies, coffee and then cheese. Dust one more time. Place this entire container in the fridge again for at least 3-4 hours or until it is firm. If your cheese is still soft when you are ready to serve pop into the freezer for 10-15 minutes and then cut. Enjoy!