Author: LC Foods
Recipe type: Side Dish, Entree
- 4 cups Organic Black Soybeans, prepared according to package directions or canned
- 8 slices (1/2 lb) bacon, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream (or more)
- Put prepared soy beans into a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. You may need to add some cream while processing.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon pieces until done but not crispy.
- Add butter to skillet with bacon pieces, and melt over low heat.
- Add soy beans, garlic, black pepper and chili powder, mix thoroughly.
- Mix in cream, and heat over low heat until desired creaminess is reached.
- Serve warm as a side dish.
- Other suggestions: add some cheese and cilantro and make quesadillas with low carb wraps; use to make your favorite black bean dip recipe; don't add as much cream and make black soybean burgers; use as a spread
- Approximately 2.5 net carbs per serving