This is a great recipe to use up all those low carb veggies in the fridge -, zucchini, spinach, onions, peppers, kale, chard, cauliflower. This is also a perfect meal if you want to eat vegan, dairy free or wheat or gluten free!
Quick Veggie Curry
Author: Adapted from www.babble.com
Recipe type: Entree
- Coconut or olive oil, for cooking
- 1 onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1-3 cups chopped fresh veg – any low carb favorite
- 2-3 teaspoons curry paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 can LC-Coconut Cream
- A handful of fresh spinach, chard or kale, chopped (remove the stems)
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, sauté the onions in a drizzle of oil for 2-3 minutes, until soft.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add any firm veggie you’re using, such as cauliflower, and cook them for a few minutes, until they soften and start to turn golden on the edges.
- Add the remaining vegetables along with the curry paste, cumin, salt and coconut cream and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes, until the sauce thickens and the vegetables are tender. (How long you cook it all will depend on the veggies you use and how big the pieces are.)
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for a minute, just until it wilts.
- Serve immediately with cilantro sprinkled on top.