Hearty and comforting... Even better? It literally takes minutes to throw together, so you can make it anytime you’re in want of a quick, warming meal. This soup also freezes well, so make a double batch, you'll be glad you did!
Pumpkin Chipotle Soup
Author: Adapted from ibreatheimhungry.com
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons LC-Natural Sweet White
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 32 oz chicken broth (or try vegetable broth for vegetarian version)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Saute onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Add chipotles, coriander, cumin, allspice, and sweetener to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree and broth to the pot and simmer for about 5 minutes. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup in the pot until smooth (if you don’t have one, add the soup to a traditional blender, blend and return to the pot when smooth).
- Add the heavy cream and red wine vinegar and simmer for another five minutes or so.
- Taste, then season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve hot, garnished with sour cream (other optional garnishes shown: pepitas and cilantro).