These were branded a delicious success by our friends at Low Carb Central even though they don't crisp up like spring rolls...
Low Carb Springrolls (Almost)
Author: Low Carb Central
Recipe type: Appetizer, Entree
- 2 cups LC-Pasta Flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2-3/4 cups of chicken, minced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup chicken stock
- For the pastry - mix eggs, pasta flour and 2 tablespoons water together in a bowl.
- Knead for 2 minutes or until it becomes uniform in consistency.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours (overnight is fine). Meanwhile, cook your filling!
- Heat peanut oil in a pan and cook onion and chicken.
- Add all other ingredients except the coconut cream and allow to simmer until liquid evaporates.
- Turn off heat. Add in coconut cream and stir.
- Remove pastry from fridge and cut into 24 small pieces. Roll each piece out as thin as you can.
- Fill with chicken mixture and wrap, making sure you tuck the ends in.
- You can freeze these at this stage if you wish.
- Heat oil either in a pan or deep fryer, and cook until browned on the outside.