Country Biscuits & Sawmill Gravy
Author: The Low Carb Queen
- Make your biscuits according to the package.
- In a heavy skillet brown your sausage and break into small pieces. Cook thoroughly. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon leaving the drippings in the skillet.
- Add the water, stir to deglaze.
- Add the cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a whisk add the thickener one teaspoon at a time and incorporate. Add a second teaspoon if you desire.
- Add the sausage back to the gravy and warm again.
- Split biscuits open and spoon on gravy.