Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
Author: Adapted from healthyeating.org
Recipe type: Entree, soup
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large leeks, white and green parts only, thinly sliced and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets (from 1 medium head)
- 2-1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white or black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons LC-Thick'n Saucy
- 1-1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add leeks and cook, stirring until very soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, 2 cups cream, water, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is soft, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining ½ cup cream and Thick'n Saucy together in a small bowl.
- When cauliflower is soft, remove the bay leaf and stir in the cream mixture.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring until the soup has thickened, about 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese and lemon juice.
- Serve warm.