A creamy vanilla cheesecake filling atop a rich brownie crust. Two desserts in one! Low carb and gluten free.
Author: Adapted from alldayidreamaboutfood.com
Recipe type: Dessert
- Brownie Base:
- ½ cup butter
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup LC-Almond Meal Flour
- ¼ cup LC-Dutch Premium Cocoa Powder
- pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup LC-Natural Sweet White
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup LC-Natural Sweet White
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the brownie base, preheat oven to 325F and butter a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap bottom of pan in foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup, melt butter and chocolate together in the microwave in 30 second increments. Whisk until smooth. Alternatively, you can melt them together over low heat in a small saucepan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sweetener and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in almond flour mixture, then butter/chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in nuts.
- Spread evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Let cool 15 to 20 minutes.
- For the filling, reduce oven temperature to 300F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, sweetener, cream and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour filling over crust and place cheesecake on a large cookie sheet.
- Bake until edges are set and center just barely jiggles, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Run a knife around edges to loosen and then remove sides of pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Serve with sugar-free chocolate sauce or ganache.
- Each serving has 6.2 g of carbs and 2.1 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 4.1 g.