Brazilian Chicken With Coconut Cream
Author: Adapted from allrecipes.com
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can LC-Coconut Cream
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl, mix the cumin, cayenne pepper, turmeric and coriander.
- Place the chicken in the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and rub on all sides with the spice mixture.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken in the skillet. Cook 10-15 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet.
- Cook and stir the onion, ginger, jalapeno peppers and garlic for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Mix in the tomatoes and continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut cream, and heat through.
- Serve over the chicken.
- Garnish with the parsley.