Delicious low carb, gluten free savory scones chock full of bacon, sundried tomatoes and sharp Cheddar cheese!
Bacon, Sundried Tomato and Cheddar Scones
Author: Carolyn at alldayidreamaboutfood.com
Recipe type: Breakfast, Side Dish
- 2 ½ cups LC-Almond Meal Flour
- ½ cup LC-Golden Milled Flax
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (I recommend Cabot White Oak Aged Cheddar)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, flax seed meal, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in bacon, tomatoes and grated cheese.
- Add eggs and whipping cream and stir until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet and pat into a rough rectangle about 1 inch thick (it should be about 6 by 8 inches).
- With a sharp knife, cut into 6 even squares. Then cut each square diagonally into two triangles.
- Gently lift scones and spread around baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between them.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown and just firm to the touch.
- Let cool on pan at least 10 minutes.
- Each serving has 7 g of carbs and 4 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 3 g.
- Calories; 21g Fat (72.5% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 55mg Cholesterol; 333mg Sodium.