Bacon Brown "Sugah" Brussels Sprouts
Author: Adapted from 24/7 Low Carb Diner
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 14 ounces frozen or fresh brussesl sprouts
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon LC-Natural Sweet Brown
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Partially cook the frozen Brussels sprouts in the microwave oven for 3 minutes or steam fresh Brussels sprouts until partially cooked.
- Cut each sprout in half.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Place bacon on a plate to cool and pour the drippings into a saucepan.
- To the saucepan, add broth, sweetener and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the Brussels sprouts, place a lid on the pan and cook over medium heat for 7-9 minutes.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts with a slotted spoon. Dot with butter and crumble the bacon on top.
- If you like a slightly sweeter flavor, add another sprinkle of sweetener and stir gently before serving.